Thursday, December 13, 2012

Post #7- YOUR ASSIGNMENT
Your Senators and Representatives:

If this were an actual field trip I would give you this advice: Be prepared for lots of walking and dress comfortably. Make sure you do not wear a belt or shoes with large buckles. Do not pack a lunch for the day. Why?

Who are the senators for your state? Who is the representative for your district? If you were to meet them where would you find them and how would you set up that appointment? What types of security will you need to be prepared for? Why?

What question would you ask your senator or representative? Why? Be sure to use the tips found in the link to the right to make sure your questions are appropriate, will get you a visit and are likely to get answered.
Write a second blog post for this stop on our trip answering the questions above.

1. The advice given would be for us, so that we can feel comfortable while walking. As for not packing a lunch; I think that it might be because they give you lunch there.

2. The Senators for my state are Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein. The Representative  of my district is Zoe Lofgren. If I were to meet them I would probably see them at their own office and I would set up a meeting through either their secretary or themselves personally. The security issues I might face is that I have to talk to them by phone call because they can't meet with random people. 

3. The questions I would ask them are:
  • What are your plans for our state?
  • What will you do for the financial problems of this state?
  • How can you help the middle class?
  • What is your opinion about education, and what can you do to help it?
I would ask these questions because I feel that they pertain to most people in California and me especially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment